Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 The Year of the Finished Project

Found this linky party via Di's blog. This sounds just the thing for me into getting my UFOs under control this year.









http://www.blogger.com/%E2%80%9Dhttp://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a607/ellebee57/YearofFPbutton_zps3eaeb2c3.jpg%E2%80%9D

I missed commiting to this month's UFO on Thursday just gone. But as it was only two days ago, and its a 31  day month, I'm still joining in.

My project for January will be in three parts as neither are complete works:

  • 1. finish Jan's houses row in our Row x Row swap- this was due on 18 December 2012, but work & Christmas preparations got in the way and its about 1/2 done.

  • 2. do the star blocks for Di in our Row x Row swap - this was the next installment in our little group's RxR; the date its due to be back to Di has not yet been set, but I'd love to have it finished in January.

  • 3. quilt & embellish one block in my unfinished Christmas BOM quilt. The quilt was a BOM project in 2009 or 2010; it has been put together & has hung on the wall every Christmas since the BOM year; but only 7 of the 16 blocks have been quilted & embellished and the border needs to be quilted too. I would dearly love to have this one completed in time for Christmas 2013. It really won't take much work, but just time!

Here goes: will report back on Thursday 7 Feb as to my progress.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Linky party -- good to have you on board. You were a little hard to track, when I tried to email you it came up no-reply! I found you by using Google. Do you want to return to my blog and set up a Linky for yourself or do you want me to do it for you? Of course, it's possible that you don't want to link up at all, and that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your project list. Can't wait to see them, especially that last one. The word embellish is enticing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I alsohave joined this group. I am hoping that this group will stimulate me to finish at least 10 of my quilts. Hope you are sewing now. Happy sewing hugs KATHLEEN

    ReplyDelete