Friday, January 13, 2012

Quilt Along #1, part 1

So I've started Quilting Along. Picked out a bit of fabric & batting last night, and put it together this morning.

I've done a first run through and decided on a few basics for my free motion quilting:
1. Love my super slider & machingers that I've had for over a year now, and hardly used (not enough finished projects to quilt, alas.

2. Am skipping the magic bobbin washer - after playing, think tension etc looks better without it

3. Despite having the lovely new machine with BSR, do better with it off

4. Am a dogs down girl

So having done one run through week 1 of quilt along, I'm diligently unpicking all that stitching to try a second run now that I have worked out my preferences for FMQ, and will do a second set of lines.

Then onto week 2.

Back to the machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment